Re: don't get running the slapd while using mdb backend

--On Friday, January 18, 2013 6:16 PM +0100 Meike Stone <meike.stone@googlemail.com> wrote:

So my first question:
Does mdb have limitations like bdb it have aka BDB_IDL_LOGN?

Yes. back-mdb is ~60% the same code as back-bdb/hdb, its indexing
functions are basically identical.

However, I never got mdb to work successfully by modifying these values.

Does this mean, it's not possible at moment to get running the mdb
with BDB_IDL_LOGN = 2^17?

I can guarantee that would never work, as the variable with MDB is MDB_IDL_LOGN. I don't recall exactly the issues I hit when changing it to 17 from 16. Also, MDB has changed substantially since I did that testing. ;) I was ok with not modifying it given the read speed improvements in mdb vs bdb.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.