Re: Strange ACL evaluation depending on AttributeSelection?

Michael Ströder wrote:
> Michael Ströder wrote:
> > Today I made a strange observation tested with release 2.4.32 and
> > git-build RE24 6f33e2c both with same results.
> >
> > But when requesting to use the authz-DN with which the Samba demon
> > binds the attribute is not shown which one might consider an ACL
> > issue. Note that sambaNTPassword is explicitly requested just like
> > Samba correctly does it:
> >
> > # ldapsearch -LLL -X "dn:uid=samba_dc_1,ou=samba,o=example"
> > "(&(objectclass=sambaSamAccount)(uid=wtester))" sambaNTPassword
> > SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
> > SASL username: dn:uid=samba_dc_1,ou=samba,o=example
> > SASL SSF: 0
> > dn: employeeNumber=42424242,ou=users,o=example
> >
> > But then I would expect this search also *not* to return attribute
> > 'sambaNTPassword' but it does!
> >
> > # ldapsearch -LLL -X "dn:uid=samba_dc_1,ou=samba,o=example"
> > "(&(objectclass=sambaSamAccount)(uid=wtester))" "*" |grep -i
> > sambaNTPassword SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
> > SASL username: dn:uid=samba_dc_1,ou=samba,o=example
> > SASL SSF: 0
> > sambaNTPassword: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > Maybe I'm doing something wrong on the command-line but I simply
> > don't get it... :-/
> >
> > Or is there some difference in ACL handling based on
> > SearchRequest.attributes (AttributeSelection)?
> >
> > I have an ACL which blocks access to password attributes of
> > disabled users by using a filter-based ACL. Hmm, I did not try
> > what happens when explicitly requesting the attribute used in the
> > filter. I have to do that tomorrow...
>
> This seems to be a bug:
> http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi?findid=7495
>
> Any chance to see a fix for this in 2.4.34?
>
> Ciao, Michael.

access to
  dn.subtree="o=example"
  attrs=sambaNTPassword
  filter="(organizationalStatus=0)"
    by group="uid=samba_dc,o=example" write

ldapsearch -LLL -X "dn:uid=samba_dc,o=example"

Is "uid=samba_dc,o=example" a group or an account?

--

Harry Jede