Re: OpenLDAP SSL

--On Monday, January 14, 2013 11:03 AM -0600 Andy Carlson <andy.carlson@moody.edu> wrote:

I am running an OpenLDAP server and I am attempting to get it set up with
SSL.  The service config appears to already be configured with port 636.
I have added the Cert, CACert, and Key into the cn=config context using
the three corresponding attributes.  When I attempt to restart the slapd
service it will not start up.  I have done this on three other servers
whose configuration is exactly the same and it worked perfectly.  Any
thoughts?  Thanks much!!!,

Usually, file and directory permissions are the problem. Or, it could be you're using a different OS. I would warn you that RHEL/CentOS 6 no longer use the sane and stable OpenSSL for their SSL package unless you build it that way yourself.. Debian/Ubuntu use the broken GnuTLS package for SSL unless you build it yourself.

So the first thing I would do is confirm that you aren't hitting permissions issues. The second thing would be to confirm you're using OpenSSL as your SSL package.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.