Re: Memory usage with bdb

--On Monday, January 14, 2013 2:00 PM -0200 Friedrich Locke <friedrich.locke@gmail.com> wrote:

Some time ago, i send a message about slapd "eating" all my memory
resource.

Mr. Quanah asked me to provide more details. Here you have it:
sioux@gustav$ uname -a
OpenBSD gustav.cpd.ufv.br 5.2 GENERIC.MP#368 amd64
sioux@gustav$

sioux@gustav$ pkg_info | grep openldap
openldap-client-2.4.31 Open source LDAP software (client)
openldap-server-2.4.31p0 Open source LDAP software (server)
sioux@gustav$ pkg_info | grep dbÂÂÂÂÂÂ
cyrus-sasl-2.1.25p3-db4 RFC 2222 SASL (Simple Authentication and Security
Layer)
db-4.6.21v0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Berkeley DB package, revision 4
dbus-1.6.2p0v0ÂÂÂÂÂ message bus system
gdbm-1.8.3p0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ GNU dbm
iodbc-3.52.7ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ODBC 3.x driver manager
sioux@gustav$

You are still extremely vague in your details.

How large is your DB on disk? (du -c -h *.bdb)
What are your BDB settings in your DB_CONFIG file?
What how many DNs are there in your database?
What is your total amount of RAM?

May be a few useful bits of information to have.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.