Admin user has two passwords

Hi,

I tried changing the password for the admin user in my OpenLDAP tree, but now I can log in with both. When I do this:

ldapsearch -vxZZH ldap://ldap.domain.tld/ -D "cn=admin,dc=domain,dc=tld" -W

Entering a wrong password makes it fail, but entering the old or new password both work.

I thought maybe it used the root account, so in an attempt to fix this, I tried setting the rootpw with this:

# cat change-rootpw.ldif
dn: olcDatabase={0}config,cn=config
replace: olcRootPW
olcRootPW: {SSHA}some hash

ldapmodify -v -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f change-rootpw.ldif

But that didn't fix it.

I'm quite confused. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Wiebe