Why ldapsearch is not working with anonymous bind after upgrading OpenLDAP to v2.4?

Dear all,

I have a setup of **OpenLDAP v2.3** which I am using for last few years. Following are the lines in `slapd.conf` for access control.

    access to dn. c=IN"
            by * read

    access to dn.base="o=abc, c=IN"
            by * none

When I do ldapsearch using anonymous bind gives me result.

For example following command gives result.

    ldapsearch -x -h localhost -b "o=abc,c=IN"

Now I upgraded the OS, CentOS from 5.5 to 6.3 so the version of OpenLDAP is **OpenLDAP v2.4**. We have not changed the schema.

But now the same `ldapsearch` gives me `result: 32 No such object` error.

But it works when I added following line in access control configuration.

    access to dn. c=IN"
            by * read

    access to dn.base="o=abc, c=IN"
            by anonymous read
            by * none

What can be the reason? Is there any security risk in doing so?

Thank you.

Sachin Divekar