Re: best practices for backing up ldap configuration

Venkat wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 3:25 PM, Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com
> <mailto:michael@stroeder.com>> wrote:
>     Well, if you're already using a VCS why not just use static configuration
>     files.
>
> One reason against using static configuration is that the server needs to be
> stopped and started when making a simple ACL change.

If HA is really important I guess one has a load-balancer in front of several
replicas. So restarting one after another results in zero downtime seen from
the clients.

Personally I still prefer to use static configuration and fully automated
installation/configuration (with puppet manifests pulled from SVN). That's
really easy with text files compared to dealing with dynamic configuration.

Ciao, Michael.