Re: slawpo-rwm attributes concatenation

> Hi,
>
> What would be the best way to concatenate several attributes into one
> (maybe with slapo-rwm and back-relay ?). I know LDAP is a data
> container, and not a fancy string generator, but I see no other way
> around this.
>
> An example : my directory contain an inetOrgPerson (say John Doe) with 3
> telephoneNumber attributes, say 101010, 202020 and 303030.
>
> I access this directory with 2 clients :
> the first client displays the data in the right fashion:
> cn: John Doe
> telephoneNumber:101010
> telephoneNumber:202020
> telephoneNumber:303030
>
> But the second client displays only one telephoneNumber attribute, so it
> displays:
> cn: John Doe
> telephoneNumber:101010
>
> Given the fact that I have no way to modify the client's source code,
> how could I do to display all 3 phone numbers ? An idea would be to use
> rwm with back-relay and do some server side string generation, in order
> for the second client to retrieve :
> cn: John Doe
> telephoneNumber:101010/202020/303030
>
> is there a way to do this ?

The "right" way to do that is to do it at provisioning level, i.e. the
application that populates telephoneNumber should also populate a
different, custom attribute that contains 101010/202020/303030.  Then the
problem is: would a dumb client be configurable in such a manner that it
can be instructed to show the custom attribute instead of telephoneNumber?

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
Associate Professor