Re: OpenLDAP as an address book for MS Outlook

Victor Sudakov wrote:

> When I try to browse an addresslist from Outlook, the OpenLDAP server
> gives the following error:
>

> Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
>     LDAPMessage searchResDone(11) inappropriateMatching (serverSort control: No ordering rule) [0 results]
>         messageID: 11
>         protocolOp: searchResDone (5)
>             searchResDone
>                 resultCode: inappropriateMatching (18)
>                 matchedDN:
>                 errorMessage: serverSort control: No ordering rule
>         [Response To: 6]
>         [Time: 0.002066000 seconds]

(This looks like wireshark output.)

The message "No ordering rule" means that at least one of the attributes sent
in the request control does not have an ORDERING matching rules defined.
Without seeing the request control we can't say more.

Ciao, Michael.