Re: OpenLDAP as an address book for MS Outlook

Michael Str?der wrote:

> >> Because it's not in the subschema. You have to add it there.
> >
> > Where could I obtain a .schema definition?
> > "grep -i supportedCapabilities /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/*"
> > comes up with nothing.
>
> It's a vendor-specific attribute type defined in MS AD:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc223359%28v=prot.20%29.aspx
>
> You might want to grab it from MS AD subschema subentry or from Samba sources.

Neither in the link above nor in the samba-4.0.0alpha11 sources could
I find the schema definition of the supportedCapabilities attribute.

If you know of one I could include into slapd.conf, please point it out.

I expect to find something like

attributetype ( blah blah NAME 'supportedCapabilities' ... EQUALITY ... )

but have not been able to find anything so far. I have also tried to
google for something like "attributetype NAME supportedcapabilities"
with no useful results

It still seems odd that noone has ever tried to achieve the behavior
in question with Outlook+OpenLDAP.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov@sibptus.tomsk.ru