Re: ppolicy and rwm/relay segfaulting

On 04/12/12 22:19, Gregory Haverkamp wrote:

back-ldap and slapo-rwm would cause the server to crash if a certain
malformed search filters were used (as a developer working on some code
here discovered within the first day we were up and running.)

Is back-ldap a proxy to another LDAP service?

I am wondering if I could make my new LDAP server just serve the new namespace and have a translating legacy proxy on another server.

ppolicy would only need to be on the new namespace server.

I could bulk update nss and pam configs so the legacy proxy would only need to serve edge cases until I hunt them down.

Does this sound possible?
Cheers

Tim

--
Tim Watts
Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
moral busybodies."