Re: ldif, a person with city and country

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 12:18:17AM -0600, Dan White (dwhite@olp.net) wrote:
> On 11/22/12 16:27 +1100, Jobst Schmalenbach wrote:
> >So far I can add entries to LDAP from wordpress, I can login to
> >wordpress using LDAP.

[snip]

> objectclass: person
> objectclass: organizationalPerson
> objectclass: inetorgPerson
> objectclass: emailPerson
> objectclass: NameViewPerson
>
> person is "SUP top STRUCTURAL"
> organizationalPerson is "SUP person STRUCTURAL"
> inetOrgPerson is "SUP organizationalPerson STRUCTURAL"
>
> these form a valid structural chain

took me a while to "get it" ... the way you wrote it down - close and the order - made the penny drop, thanks.

> emailPerson and NameViewPerson do not show up in the list of schemas that I
> use, but I suspect one or the other is a Structural objectClass that does
> not SUP from inetOrgPerson.

shouldn't have been in there, I was trying different things that I found - they were a "left over" - working but did not give me what I wanted.

> Find out which attributes you need from the offending objectClass, and
> consider making a new Auxiliary objectClass containing those attributes.

Understood!
Did that, took me a few hours to put it altogether - and then the penny dropped again.
Now I have got an object class filled with ALL the things I wanted:

objectclass ( CustomerObject:1.2012.11.19.1
  NAME 'Customer'
  DESC 'Customer'
  SUP person
  STRUCTURAL
  MUST ( email )
  MAY ( country $ city $ firstname $ lastname $ language $ description $ website $ department $ mobile $ mobileTelephoneNumber $ postalAddress $ address1 $ address2 $ state $ postcode $ facebook $ twitter $ googleplus $ nickname $ displayname ))

> See chapter 13 of the Administrator's Guide for an example.

yeah and http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2252.txt ;-)

thanks for your help
Jobst

--