Re: Assertion failed: errno != EDEADLK, file alock.c, line 77

Am Mon, 19 Nov 2012 21:02:01 +0900 (JST)
schrieb <cjkry156@yahoo.co.jp>:

> Hi World,
>
> We are using OpenLDAP 2.3.5 on Solaris 9.
> For security reason, System administrator start to use corporate LDAP,
> (disable local authorization) and disable inetd services (comment out
> inetd.conf).
>
> After that, when we try to start the OpenLDAP, this is not same as
> the corporate LDAP, we recived Dead lock error message as,
> Assertion failed: errno != EDEADLK, file alock.c, line 77
>
> And the OpenLDAP was aborted.
>
> Does anybody know this error?

This is probably the result of an unclean shutdown. Remove the alock
file in the database directory and restart slapd.
By the way, 2.3.5 is rather old, the actual version is 2.4.33.

-Dieter

--
Dieter KlÃnter | Systemberatung
http://dkluenter.de