Re: Index Add Failures

--On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:25 PM -0800 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

I found that OSX acts different -- It actually allocates the entire size
of the database on disk, regardless of how much is used.  That may be
common to all the BSDs.

Sounds like whatever filesystem is default on BSDish systems doesn't
support sparse files.

Anyway, you can use mdb_stat to see what's in the MDB environment.

Oh, one additional note about the BSDs... I didn't see that behavior until I enabled writemap. Disabling writemap reverted it to the same behavior as linux, but then of course the advantage of writemap is lost. :P

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.