Re: Memory usage with bdb

Roman Rybalko wrote:
01.11.2012 20:24, Friedrich Locke ÐÐÑÐÑ:
Is anyone aware of any buggy in openldap+bdb related to memory usage?
Have anyone here using this type of backend ? Any problem to report?

It's leaking. I think. Needs regular restart.
slapd-2.4.23+libdb-4.8.30
slapd-git-a54957b+libdb-4.8.30

If you can show concrete evidence of a leak, please file an ITS with your configuration, sample workload, and the memory leak report. (E.g. from valgrind, tcmalloc leak check, or some other memory tracking tool.)

I routinely test with valgrind and tcmalloc, and have not seen any memory leaks in back-bdb/hdb in many years.
--
  -- Howard Chu