Re: Index Add Failures

Thanks for the input, Quanah. I really appreciate it.Â

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:

--On Thursday, November 01, 2012 1:04 PM -0400 Kyle Smith <alacer.cogitatus@gmail.com> wrote:

Is it possbile to use MMR to my advantage to switch over? For example,
take down 1 of the servers, switch the db config from bdb to mdb, and
then restart with a blank database (withÂappropriateÂstructure) and
have the MMR take care of backfilling the mdb entries? Then I wouldn't
have to export to ldif, convert the db, and reimport while possibly
loosing data from the other systems.

Hi Kyle,

I'm not sure what you are trying to avoid here... Slapcat/slapadd are always faster than sync replication. ÂWhy would you lose data from the other server while doing this? ÂcontextCSNs should be preserved w/ slapcat/slapadd, so the server being converted will just catch up using sync replication as before. ÂYou may wish to look at ITS#7427 though. ÂThe fix for that is in current RE24.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.
Zimbra :: Âthe leader in open source messaging and collaboration