Re: Newbie question about host base authentication

Hi Olivier,
thanks for the fast answer.
I'm looking at pam_ldap component and I already saw the host based authentication that enables to list hostnames on the server per user.
Your idea, if I'm not mistaken, would be to specify this host parameter as some kind of LDAP data structure (ie: groupOfNames) and have the authentication mechanism match on that structure.
I'm looking at groupOfNames and it's not clear to me if it can really be used for that purpose but the most obscure point is where the logic for the matching should go.
I'm really open to any input on this subject whether it is some example of already implemented solutions or just some direction on how to go forward with the development.

Thank you

Simone