Re: Empty Strings attributes in OpenLDAP

Hi there,

I found this thread:
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200010/msg00794.html

But it is dated 12 years ago, so I imagine it will be a little bit outdated. Also it claims to be a bug in version 2.0.x while I am using 2.4 in RHEL6.

Then some discussions about how to implement some zero-length options back in 2002 and 2004. So it doesn't seem pretty confusing to me. I still don't know if it is possible to have zero-length strings attributes in OpenLDAP and how.

When you mean my software is broken which one do you mean? My installation of OpenLDAP or the software using OpenLDAP.

For the record the attribute definition is:

attributeTypes: ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.42.2.27.999.1.99.6 NAME ( 'securityQuestion' ) DESC 'Attribute to store the securityQuestion' EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15 X-ORIGIN 'User Defined' )
  *.1.15 == ldap string

Thanks in advance.