Re: Reasons for bi_db_open failed! (-30793) with back-mdb?

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Saturday, October 06, 2012 11:22 PM +0200 Michael StrÃder
> <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:
>> What are the possible reasons for this message?
>>
>> 5070a03c backend_startup_one (type=mdb, suffix="cn=accesslog,o=example"):
>> bi_db_open failed! (-30793)
>>
>> I'm testing migrating an existing LDAP server with four DBs - two of them
>> accesslog DBs - to back-mdb with RE24
>> c62a82b07e1bcc4c795cb5185ee9f16406b05bd9.
>>
>> Either slapadd fails or starting slapd fails after slapadd.
>
> Can you supply your configuration (minus passwords)?  Generally this would
> only happen if two databases had the same directory listed for their DB.

I'm currently very busy => currently no spare time to draw an example config.

This particular accesslog data contains few entries which have obsolete schema
elements in attribute 'reqMod'. Schema checking forbids to load these entries
so I use "slapadd -c" to ignore this entries. This works well with back-hdb.
Now I suspect that back-mdb does not handle this case correctly. But I have to
dig into this a bit more.

Ciao, Michael.