Re: OpenLDAP and Indexing (when to use Slapindex)

--On Wednesday, October 03, 2012 5:05 PM +0100 Emilio GarcÃa <emilio.garcia@cloudreach.co.uk> wrote:

Hi there,

I know that after setting up a new index in slapd.conf all new entries I
add will be indexed (and you need to run slapindex for the old ones if
you have), but will they still be indexed if the entry is modified? (An
attribute is updated for example). I assume it will, isn't it? So can
anyone confirm if I need to run slapdindex just when I make a change in
slapd.conf?

Of course the index is updated on modify. It wouldn't make much sense for it not to be, would it? ;)

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.