Re: MDB Status

On 28/09/12 02:38, Howard Chu wrote:
For those who haven't been following along, support for OpenLDAP's MDB (memory-mapped database) library is also available for several other open source projects, including Cyrus SASL (sasldb mech), Heimdal Kerberos (hdb module), SQLite3, OpenDKIM, and MemcacheDB. A work-in-progress patch for Postfix is also available, with a final version coming soon. A backend for SQLite4 is also in the works. A port of Android (JellyBean) for the Motorola Droid4 using MDB/SQLite3 is in progress (since my current phone is a Droid4).

Thanks for the update Howard.

Other projects are also in progress and will be announced in the near future. The current list is also posted on http://highlandsun.com/hyc/mdb/ - feel free to suggest other projects.

CFEngine is a similar project that would undoubtedly benefit from the use of MDB - it's a lightweight, C program, to apply configuration automatically to many servers across many operating systems and architectures. They have use BerkeleyDB in the past, but abandoned it for TokyoCabinet, although I know not all users are happy about that...

See http://www.cfengine.com and https://github.com/cfengine/core/blob/master/src/dbm_tokyocab.c for the source implementation of the TokyoCabinet usage.

Jonathan