Re: LDAP URI

On Fri, 21 Sep 2012, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Philip Guenther <guenther+ldaptech@sendmail.com> wrote:
> > So, you have to precent-encode all non-graphical characters (0x00 through
> > 0x20 and 0x7f though 0xff), as well as:
> >       " -> %22
> >       % -> %25
> >       < -> %3c
> >       > -> %3e
> >       ? -> %3f
> >       \ -> %5c
> >       ^ -> %5e
> >       ` -> %60
> >       { -> %7b
> >       | -> %7c
> >       } -> %7d
>
> You include ? in the list, but in many example I have seen, we have a ?
> unencoded in a LDAP URI.

You asked what characters in an LDAP search filter have to be percent
encoded when including that search filter in an LDAP URI.  That's the
question I answered above.

I cannot figure out what those "many example" have to do with your
question or my answer.  Perhaps citing one of those examples and
explaining how you think there's a conflict would help.

Philip Guenther