Re: Editing the olcAccess

--On Thursday, September 06, 2012 8:25 PM +0530 "S, Mohan (GE Energy)" <mohan.sekar@ge.com> wrote:

Hi,

I've configured olcAccess for my bdb database and I can't able to
modify that using ldapmodify.

I tried deleting that :

ldapmodify -x -h xxx.example.org  -D
"cn=replicator,ou=admins,dc=example,dc=org" -w secret -f delete.ldif

No error

cat delete.ldif

changetype: modify

delete: olcAccess

olcAccess: {0}

olcAccess: {1}

ldapmodify -x -h xxx.example.org  -D
"cn=replicator,ou=admins,dc=example,dc=org" -w secret âf add.ldif

No error

cat add.ldif

changetype: modify

add: olcAccess

olcAccess: to attrs=userPassword by self write by anonymous auth by
dn.children="ou=admins,dc=example,dc=org" write  by * none

olcAccess: to * by self write by
dn.children="ou=admins,dc=example,dc=org" write by * read

olcAccess: to * by self write by
dn.children="ou=melbourne,dc=example,dc=org" write by * read

my ldapsearch -xLLL -b cn=config -D cn=admin,cn=config -W
olcDatabase={1}bdb returns old olcaccess. New access are not getting
reflected. Can anyone guide my how to add/edit olcaccess?

Can anyone please help me â

Neither of your LDIF files look valid. The first line should be the DN of the entry you want to change. I.e.:

dn: olcDatabase={1}bdb,cn=config
changetype: modify
delete: olcAccess
olcAccess: {0}