Re: Fixing a multi-master divergence

--On Tuesday, September 04, 2012 11:20 AM +0200 ballock <boleslaw.tokarski@tieto.com> wrote:

Hello, Quanah,

I do not understand the irritation. I have read the changes.html file and
I do not see any entry saying "fixed Multi-Master replication as it was
totally damned. UPGRADE NOW OR YOUR DATA WILL GO DOWN".

The truth that I have subscribed to this list because of seeing a similar
problem like Guillaume reported and I did have a look at the changelog.

Is OpenLDAP THAT broken below 2.4.32?

No such text would ever appear in the changes log. However, someone who has some basic reading skills can probably discern the following fixes are likely to impact their installation. Particularly the fix specific to MMR in 2.4.24. Given the fact that MMR uses syncrepl, one then has to track all the fixes made to syncrpel/syncprov as well.

OpenLDAP 2.4.30 Release (2012/02/29)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov loop detection (ITS#6024)

OpenLDAP 2.4.29 Release (2012/02/12)
	Fixed slapd syncrepl reference to freed memory (ITS#7127,ITS#7132)
	Fixed slapd syncrepl to ignore some errors on delete (ITS#7052)
	Fixed slapd syncrepl to handle missing oldRDN (ITS#7144)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov with already abandoned operation (ITS#7150)

OpenLDAP 2.4.27 Release (2011/11/24)
	Fixed slapd syncrepl crash with non-replicated ops (ITS#6892)
	Fixed slapd syncrepl with modrdn (ITS#7000,ITS#6472)
	Fixed slapd syncrepl timeout when using refreshAndPersist (ITS#6999)
	Fixed slapd syncrepl deletes need a non-empty CSN (ITS#7052)
	Fixed slapd syncrepl glue for empty suffix (ITS#703)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov DSA attribute filtering for Persist mode (ITS#7019)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov when consumer has newer state of our SID (ITS#7040)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov crash (ITS#7025)

OpenLDAP 2.4.26 Release (2011/06/30)
	Fixed slapd syncrepl crash with non-replicated ops (ITS#6892)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov with replicated subtrees (ITS#6872)

OpenLDAP 2.4.24 Release (2011/02/10)
	Fixed slapd sortvals of attributes with 1 value (ITS#6715)
	Fixed slapd syncrepl reuse of presence list (ITS#6707)
	Fixed slapd syncrepl uninitialized return code (ITS#6719)
	Fixed slapd syncrepl variable initialization (ITS#6739)
Fixed slapd syncrepl refresh to use complete cookie (ITS#6807) Fixed slapo-syncprov to send error if consumer is newer (ITS#6606)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov filter race condition (ITS#6708)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov active mod race (ITS#6709)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov to refresh if context is dirty (ITS#6710)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov CSN updates to all replicas (ITS#6718)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov sessionlog ordering (ITS#6716)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov sessionlog with adds (ITS#6503)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov mutex (ITS#6438)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov mincsn check with MMR (ITS#6717)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov control leak (ITS#6795)
	Fixed slapo-syncprov error codes (ITS#6812)

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.