Re: slapd-meta doesn't continue with multiple uri's

On 23/08/2012 10:22, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
Current failover only deals with failures/timeouts of connect(2). I
don't think handling your case using failover is appropriate. Your
case should be handled by removing the non-responding URI from the
list.

I don't understand the difference. If a server is unavailable for
whatever reason (offline, firewalled, switched off, nothing listening on
the specified port), then connect() will timeout as you describe.

When connect(2) times out the code behaves as expected.

Can you explain further please? 'As expected' to you is obviously different to what I expect from the documentation and what you've said previously. You say that the failover mechanism works when connect() fails or times out, but that's not the behaviour I'm seeing.

--
Liam Gretton                                    liam.gretton@le.ac.uk
HPC Architect                                 http://www.le.ac.uk/its