Re: slapadd *very* slow: tuning advice?

--On Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:37 AM +1000 Nick Urbanik <nicku@nicku.org> wrote:

On 21/08/12 14:27 -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:15 AM +1000 Nick Urbanik
<nicku@nicku.org> wrote:
I would strongly advise examining using a shared memory key for that
DB as well.

Okay: I could create that with a command like
ipcmk -M 16777216

*No*.  Please see the shm_key parameter in the manual pages for
slapd-bdb.

So I can just choose any number for this, as long as it is different
from the any shmid in the output of ipcs -m, and slapd will create the
appropriate shared memory segment?

Right. And if you use shm segments for more than one DB, they need to be unique across them.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.