Re: ldappasswd gives error ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such attribute (16)

On 08/16/12 14:06 -0700, Jeffrey Parker wrote:
I cannot seem to find anything helpful about this issue. I had it working
before when I first setup OpenLDAP and I have not changed any settings
since then. The only thing I can seem to find is suggestion saying to use
-x when running ldappasswd. When I use -x I get the error below

Result: Strong(er) authentication required (8)
Additional info: only authenticated users may change passwords

If binding with -x, you'll need to provide a bind dn (-D) and a password.

I am running OpenLDAP, I am not sure what version but it is somewhat new.
It is running on Turnkey Linux (ubuntu 10.04 based) and is in a virtual
machine.

The error messages is briefly discussed in the OpenLDAP Administrator's
Guide (section H.17).

Verify that you are able to bind to the server with 'ldapwhoami', with your
credentials. Once that succeeds, verify that your entry contains a
'userPassword' attribute, and that the user you are binding with has the
permissions to change it.

--
Dan White