Re: pass-through authentication and base64

Hello, Wes.

I'm not a programmer by any stretch of the imagination but it appears
to me that the LDIF generator is hard-coded to always base64-encode
the userPassword value.

Yes, looks you're right.

I don't see any justification in the file for doing so, but the RFC
says any value MAY be encoded.  I think Michael's advice is very
prudent.

MAY be encoded, yes. This means that ldapsearch or slapcat can output
all values base-64 encoded. But it's very inconvenient. When
userPassword is a link to another authenticator base-64 encoding is also
inconvenient.

--
sergio.