Re: Newbie Question about adding 2nd entry for admin

On 08/09/12 10:14 -0400, Tech Only wrote:
Hello,
I am a newbie. Trying to learn ldap.
Is it possible to add  second admin user to openldap? Like manager/admin?

If yes, please post the ldif entry.

If this is a wrong forum please let me know where I can post it?

You should only specify one rootDN per database.

You could, if appropriate, map more than one authc identity to your rootDN
(via authz-regexp entries). However, consider reserving rootDN access for
exceptional cases, and configure multiple administrative users with write
access to your database(s) via properly configured ACLs.

See chapter 8 of the OpenLDAP Admin Guide.

--
Dan White