Re: sasl bind error -1 because of socket error 54

On Tue, 7 Aug 2012, Max Kunz wrote:
> Here is what the program actually do:
> //initialize returns success
> result = ldap_initialize( &ld, host);
> result = ldap_set_option( ld, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, LDAP_VERSION3);

That "actually" what it does?  I'm surprised it doesn't segfault
immediately there, given that ldap_set_option() deferences the last
argument as pointer.  What's the value of 'result' after that?

(If the code is different from what you showed, then "actually" was a
lie.)

> //set this option only after successful bind?
> result = ldap_set_option(ld, LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_REQUIRE_CERT, LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_NEVER);

Same problem here.

My conclusion is that the problem is in the real code that you didn't
show.

Philip Guenther