Re: slapo-chain on syncrepl slave. I simply can't get it working. Help??

On 29 Jul 2012, at 13:42, "elekktretterr@exemail.com.au"
<elekktretterr@exemail.com.au> wrote:

> Well looks like I figured it out. In the bottom of slapo-chain man page,
> it says
>
> "All URIs not listed in the configuration are chained anonymously. "
>
> my chain-uri was "ldap://ldap.provider.net:389/";
>
> but my updateref was ldap://ldap.provider.net
>
> After changing chain-uri to the same as updateref, chaining with the
> correct binddn started to work.
>
> This really _has_ to go into OpenLDAP FAQ
>
> It cost 2 days of my life.

Glad you sorted it. It's in the man page what more is there to do?

The FAQ is publicly available to edit and two days isn't a lot. Look
what you've learned and are now certain of!

Gavin.