Re: What will happen if there are two user with same uid in OpenLDAP server

Le 28/07/2012 10:43, Qian Zhang a écrit :
Hi,

I have an OpenLDAP server setup, I am just wondering what will happen
when I do login if there are two user in different OU but with same
uid.
I guess PAM is in flat mode, so when I login with the uid, I can
always login as one of the two users, and have no chance to login as
the other, right?
I've never heard of any PAM module enforcing this kind of restriction.

If that is true, should I add a restriction that the uid of each user
must be unique in the whole OpenLDAP server?
That's indeed a good practice.

--
BOFH excuse #215:

High nuclear activity in your area.