replication verification

Hi all,

I've been dropped in a the LDAP deep end due to a retirement in the office.
The documentation I have regarding dealing with the failure of a master tells
me how to fail over by promoting one of the replicas and then, when the
problem with the master has been sorted, to re-configure it as a replica.

My problem is with his following line
  When it is fully synchronised with the temporary master
  it can then be re-instated as the master.

How do I know when it has fully synchronised?  I'm running openldap v2.4.16,
but I don't seem to have syncrepl in my path.

Where should I be starting?

thanks,
--
Boyd Duffee             Keele University    (01782) 734225
Student Facing Systems