Re: Glueing together backend databases - meta, glue or chain?

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012, Pieter Baele wrote:

Had some problems configuring subordinate, a conflict, because of the suffix. Can you give an example based on my example? :-S

Ordering counts. The OpenLDAP test suite test012 is a worked example; run that and read testrun/slapd.1.conf to get started.

"subordinate" keeps it really simple; personally I'd start there and ramp up only if testing/needs dictate.

I tried that approach, but can I combine "Users/People" ou's from 2
backends this way?

Depends on the overall system (including the clients). But typically, you'd configure clients with the baseDN closest to the root (perhaps "dc=example,dc=com") and the client will do a subentry-scope search that implies coverage across all the various subordinates.