Re: More efficient way to represent local+remote views?

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012, Kartik Subbarao wrote:

I'm currently using the following configuration for an application-specific LDAP directory to present a unified view of its local data (ou=localapp) and remote data (ou=people), all under dc=example,dc=com:

database hdb
suffix ou=localapp,dc=example,dc=com
# ...

database meta
suffix dc=example,dc=com
uri ldapi:///ou=localapp,dc=example,dc=com
uri ldap://remoteldap.example.com/ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
[...]
local backend. Is it possible to eliminate that overhead through an alternate approach? I looked at back_relay, but couldn't get it to do what I wanted. I

If everything will be strictly confined to the two ou you stated, try http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201206/msg00166.html ... just change the first "meta" to "hdb" and tweak the suffix directives (e.g. back-null would be "dc=example,dc=com").