Re: ppolicy and replication issues

--On Monday, July 16, 2012 7:32 PM +0200 Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch@gmail.com> wrote:

Le 16/07/2012 18:51, Quanah Gibson-Mount a Ãcrit :
So, is there some way of either configuring ppolicy or the replication,
to avoid the need for the ppolicy overlay on the slaves, while I don't
have full control over all the servers ?

ppolicy verions need to match too, so you can't just rely on distro
builds. I would strongly advise you to make your *own* build of OpenLDAP
at a fixed version, which they then need to deploy.
Given than those different slave servers actually use different OS
(various linux distributions), that's quite irrealistic :)

What kind of bad surprise should I expect from different versions here ?
Just "Bad things may happen", or more precise issues ?

I don't see it as unrealistic at all. It is perfectly possible to create OpenLDAP binary distributions that run on multiple linux OSes. You shouldn't be mix & matching OpenLDAP versions anyway between your master and the slaves. As for ppolicy, there are incompatibilities between different versions, you would probably want to read the CHANGES file to see what changes have been done.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.