Re[4]: Searching few domains for one uid

Witaj Quanah,

W Twoim liście datowanym 12 lipca 2012 (10:58:52) można przeczytać:

> --On Thursday, July 12, 2012 10:55 AM +0200 kefast@o2.pl wrote:

>> Thanx for Your response, and I'm sorry, cause I didn't catch that.
>> Do You mean I should set var in ldap.conf on a client to
>> BASE "dc=a,dc=com dc=b,dc=com,dc=de dc=c,dc=com,dc=fr" ?

> Please keep your reply on the list.

> You should use a base of "", which is the root base.  On your LDAP server
> too.  Then everything is stored under "", and any search of "" for uid will
> return all entries below it.

> If this was a file system, "" would be equivalent to /

> --Quanah

> --

> Quanah Gibson-Mount
> Sr. Member of Technical Staff
> Zimbra, Inc
> A Division of VMware, Inc.
> --------------------
> Zimbra ::  the leader in open source messaging and collaboration

I've got 3 databases on a server
dc=a,dc=com
dc=b,dc=com,dc=de
dc=c,dc=com,dc=fr

When on a client side a pointed BASE ""
the server says:
slapd[13330]: do_search: invalid dn ("")

Should I reconfigure my database maybe and set dn to "" ?
If yes how should the root dn look like ?
dn: ""
dc: ""
objectClass: top
objectClass: domain