Re: In MirrorMode - proxy or external frontend needed?

--On Friday, July 06, 2012 1:41 PM +0200 Pieter Baele <pieter.baele@gmail.com> wrote:

I've 2 servers in MirrorMode, a part of the tree wil also be partially
replicated to 3 slaves.

Do I really need an LDAP proxy or Load balancer(s) so writes are only
directed to one server?
In our LDAP, the number of writes will be very very low, most of them
will be reads (authentication, ssh keys, puppet nodes...)

Any benefit in using 'normal' n multimaster instead of MirrorMode?

You don't have to redirect writes to just one server and set up heartbeat monitoring etc? Mirrormode is just N-way multimaster with a proxy/balancer in front of it. Whether or not that is what you want is up to you to decide. ;)

Personally, I'm just using delta-syncrepl based N-Way MMR.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.