Re: chaining and returning errors

> List,
>
> I'm setting up chaining. And I want to get errors, no referrals :)
> my olcDatabase looks like this:
>
> olcDatabase={0}ldap,olcOverlay={1}chain,olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config
> objectClass: olcChainDatabase (auxiliary)
> objectClass: olcConfig (abstract)
> objectClass: olcDatabaseConfig (structural)
> objectClass: olcLDAPConfig (structural)
> objectClass: top (abstract)
> olcDatabase: {0}ldap
> olcDbIDAssertBind: bindmethod="simple"
> binddn="uid=lalalala"
> credentials="foo"
> mode="self"
> olcDbURI: ldap://example.com
>
> here is this object's parent:
>
> olcOverlay={1}chain,olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config
> objectClass: olcConfig (abstract)
> objectClass: olcOverlayConfig (structural)
> objectClass: top (abstract)
> olcOverlay: {1}chain
>
> The problem is that I can't insert an olcChainReturnError attribute
> into it. The schema doesn't allow it. I tried to add the
> olcChainConfig objectClass to the olcDatabase={1} object, which
> requires me to fill in an extra attribute "olcOverlay" - I tried
> {1}chain and "chain" and  "{0}ldap" but either give me an error 65
> "invalid structural object class chain".

You don't state what version of the code you're using.  Using current HEAD
code it works as intended; olcChainReturnError can be set as needed (I
checked it using ldapmodify).

For example,

# {0}chain, {-1}frontend, config
dn: olcOverlay={0}chain,olcDatabase={-1}frontend,cn=config
objectClass: olcOverlayConfig
objectClass: olcChainConfig
olcOverlay: {0}chain
olcChainCacheURI: FALSE