OLC Configuration on RHEL6

Greetings all,

I've only just recently learned about configuring and using LDAP using slapd.conf configuration.  Recently, however, I have been asked to configure LDAP on a server running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.  I've run into a few problems.

First of all, when I try to connect via LDAP Browser/Editor to view the cn=config list, it connects but gives me Error 32 - No Such Object.  The following is the the cfg file that Ldap Browser/Editor uses to connect to the session:

#################################
#                               #
# LDAP Browser v2.8 config file #
#                               #
#  cn=config all attributes     #
#                               #
#################################

host=[my server's IP address]
port=389
sslport=636
basedn=cn=config
version=3
managerdn=cn=Manager,cn=config
managerlogin=no
autoconnect=no
leafindicatortype=int
leafindicator=numsubordinates
managereferrals=no
supportsmovetree=no
derefaliases=never
sorttree=ascending
ldap.attributes.list=* +

The managerdn i got from the olcRootDN line in olcDatabase={2}bdb.ldif file.  And the rest i got from zytrax.com online book (http://www.zytrax.com/books/ldap/ch14/cn=config.cfg )

My question is, is there any other configuration or any other additional steps that I need to take after yum install in order to make this LDAP server functional?  What have I missed?  Any help will be much appreciated!

Thank you.

--
Roger Martinez
Intern