back-sql slow searches

Hello,

I'm currently setting up a postgresql database which parts need to be accesible through LDAP. The initial setup turned out great. I can bind to my user accounts and I can dump the database through ldapsearch.

The problem I'm currently facing is that searches take to long. The ldap_entries table currently contains 3563 entries and searching for any attribute (even when it's part of the dn) takes about 1.25 minutes, which seems rather long for a db backend. Looking at my postgresql logs it appears that when a search is being done every relation gets fully retrieved and most likely filtered in slapd. Is there a certain configuration option I've missed to speed up the searches or is this something I can view as a bug.

Thanks for your response.