Re: Migrating from slapd 2.3 to 2.4

--On Monday, May 21, 2012 4:42 PM -0400 Bobby Krupczak <rdk@krupczak.org> wrote:

Hi!

It was easy running the slaptest utility -- you are correct.  The output
wasn't so easy to figure out with duplicate schema entries, tls being
dropped, etc.

I saw that redhat uses nss and I'll have to confess that I don't
understand the technical and political reasons for this.  They (redhat)
allege at it should be transparent to me.

The dropping of the TLS directives doesn't happen with an OpenSSL linked build. That's entirely my point. Duplicate schema entries doesn't occur with a standard openldap installation, and would have caused problems regardless of whether or not you were using cn=config. I.e., you had an invalid 2.3 configuration that is caught in 2.4, using slapd.conf or slapd-config.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.