Re: Concerns with OLC (cn=config) for editing schema, ACLs, and deleting entries

On 19/5/2012 5:35 ÎÎ, Michael StrÃder wrote:

I think now it's the time to start looking at LDIF processing module in your
favourite scripting language. I cannot imagine any other sane way.

I guess you are right. In any case, I prefer to have the primitive data (I mean olcAccess attr values) in text rather in base64 form (when exported), so I think I'll have no other option than manually deleting CRs from each and every ACL (using a GUI).

Quite unfortunate...

Additionally, we are always waiting for the implementation of one (or, even better, multiple) olcAccess comments per olcAccess value (numbered identically as olcAccess values, so they can always be synced/coupled with them), i.e.:

   olcAccess:
   olcAccess;x-comment:

or

   description;x-olcAccess:

as discussed e.g. here: http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201107/msg00036.html which will allow a much greater readability and flexibility in external scripting (because in comments we can use custom identifiers etc).

Is there any progress towards this? Any ITS filed about it (if not, someone should file one)? Any roadmap?

I also vaguely remember discussions about XML in LDIF (on ietf-ldapext mailing list?).

Any additional info regarding this spec, its validity and adoption would be interesting. Can anyone please provide more details?

Please advise.

Regards,
Nick