Re: Memory leak in 2.4.31 w/ hdb and MMR?

--On Friday, May 18, 2012 3:15 PM -0300 Brandon Hume <hume-ol@bofh.ca> wrote:

hdb is only around 1.6G, so it still has a long ways to go.

I'm including my DB_CONFIG, just in case.  I can supply more of the
config as necessary.

DB_CONFIG:

set_cachesize 0 536870912 0

Are you using shm keys with BDB?

I don't know anyone who is using BDB 5.3 at this point in time. I would back down to something less recent and see if you see the same issue. I've used BDB 4.7 for quite some time w/o issue.

Also, your BDB cachesize seems undersized, given the size of your DB. It should be no less than dn2id.bdb + id2entry.bdb + 10% for growth. Personally, I prefer to keep my BDB cachesize at <size of DB>, or in your case, I'd set it to 2 GB, i.e.:

set_cachesize 2 0 0

You certainly could try switching just this one side to mdb, and seeing how it does, and then switching the other side over if you like how it is performing compared to BDB. Both nodes are not required to run the same DB backend.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.