From: Michael StrÃder [mailto:michael@stroeder.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 1:25 PM
To: Bhargav Mistry
Cc: openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: Re: How to query ldap root DNs ?

Bhargav Mistry wrote:
> I need to query the root DNs for config and bdb databases so that I can use it
> in the tool but I am not sure how to query it ?

With OpenLDAP I'd look at the following attributes in the rootDSE and sort out
things that way:

configContext: cn=config
monitorContext: cn=Monitor
namingContexts: cn=accesslog
namingContexts: dc=stroeder,dc=de

Another option is to search under cn=Databases,cn=Monitor with filter
(monitoredInfo=bdb) reading attribute 'namingContexts' provided back-monitor
is configured.

Your mileage may vary...

Ciao, Michael.