Re: mismatch between slapd.conf and olcDatabase

On 25/4/2012 4:16 ÎÎ, Nagaraj Panyam wrote:

I just installed openldap (RHEL 6.1), and created a config file with suffix "dc=example, dc=com"
And started up slapd.

However, the value of "dc" in the olcDatabase files remains "dc=my-domain,dc=com"
How does one remove this mismatch?

Hmm. I am not sure you are configuring correctly.

Have you read:
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/slapdconf2.html
and:
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/slapdconfig.html
??

What are you doing *exactly*? You have not provided sufficient details.

Secondly, how does one see the contents of /var/lib/ldap/log.0000000001

You are not supposed to be able to read these contents!

Use ldapsearch to get results from your DIT.

Good luck,
Nick