From: openldap-technical-bounces@openldap.org [mailto:openldap-technical-bounces@openldap.org] On Behalf Of RICHARDSON Matt (SPARQ)
Sent: Thursday, 19 April 2012 11:54 AM
To: OpenLDAP Technical List (openldap-technical@openldap.org)
Subject: Add 'EQUALITY' to an existing attribute definition

Hello all,

I've got a problem with a user-defined attribute.  The schema was written locally and used in a 389-DS directory.  I made the necessary changes so that OpenLDAP 2.4.23-20.el6 could use it (attributeTypes -> olcAtrributeTypes, etc.).  There is an attribute that needs to be added multiple times with different values.  Under 389, this worked:

olcAttributeTypes: {0}(1.3.6…1000 NAME 'x-myGroup' DESC 'My Group' SYNTAX 1.3…1.15 X-ORIGIN 'user defined')

It works for adding one 'x-myGroup' attribute to an entry.  However, if I try to add a second I get:

Ldap_modify: Inappropriate matching (18)
        additional info: modify/add: x-myGroup: no equality matching rule

The syntax specifies it's a directory string type, but adding 'EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch' to the definition causes slapd to crash when I run ldapmodify to add an x-myGroup attribute to an existing entry.  This seemed to be similar to this issue http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/Software%20Bugs?id=5540 , so I did a slapcat, deleted the files in /var/lib/ldap/ and restarted slapd.  Loading the ldif with ldapadd caused slapd to crash again.  Removing the EQUALITY statement from the attribute definition allowed me to load the ldif.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Matt

This email message (including any file attachments transmitted with it) is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and legally privileged information. Any unauthorised review, use, alteration, disclosure or distribution of this email (including any attachments) by an unintended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by return email and destroy all copies of the original message. Any confidential or legal professional privilege is not waived or lost by any mistaken delivery of the email. SPARQ Solutions accepts no responsibility for the content of any email which is sent by an employee which is of a personal nature.
Sender Details:
  SPARQ Solutions
  PO Box 15760 City East, Brisbane QLD Australia 4002
  +61 7 4931 2222
SPARQ Solutions policy is to not send unsolicited electronic messages. Suspected breaches of this policy can be reported by replying to this message including the original message and the word "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject.