RE: ldapd vs. slapd

--On Tuesday, April 17, 2012 8:25 AM -0700 "Richards, Toby" <toby.richards@slo.courts.ca.gov> wrote:

OK got it. I realized that ldapd is a different product after some more
research this morning. I've got slapd running & responding; however:

1. I cannot figure out the correct order of objectClass statements to
reach inetOrgPerson. I do have the core, cosine, nis, and inetorgperson
schemas included in slapd.conf.

This is to vague to know really how to help you. My *guess* is that you are talking about adding an entry with inetOrgPerson. Just put

dn: <whatever>
objectClass: inetOrgPerson

2. slapd won't run on port 636 even though I put "TLS_CACERT
/path/to/cert.crt" and "URI ldaps://toby.org.org" into ldap.conf

Define "won't run". Did you tell slapd to listen on port 636? I.e., -h "ldap:/// ldaps:///" as the options to slapd?

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.