Re: How can I set an LDAP-attribute to "null" (empty)?

> Hello,
>
> to fill data into an LDAP-structure, I use the software HP Connect IT.
> Sometimes it is necessary to clear an attribute.
>
> But there is the following error message:
>
> Error occured while modifiying the entry (LDAP)
> TelUser value #0 invalid per Syntax
> LDAP API Invalid Syntax
>
> Can you tell me, what I have to do, so that LDAP accepts an "empty value"?

Nearly no syntax accepts the empty value.  What you need to do is delete
the attribute using a standard LDAP modify operation.  In LDIF:

dn: (the DN)
changetype: modify
delete: TelUser
-

How to do it using that specific software is up to you.

p.