Re: translucent overlay and local objects?

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

> Read slapo-translucent(5).

Thanks, it's a good read.  Since it only mentions the remote Search
operation, my next questions might be moot...

>> but is it possible to
>> store entities locally using the translucent overlay?
>

> No.

Will entities created against the translucent overlay be created in
the 'upstream' directory, provided our bind dn to that directory has
necessary privileges?

>> The overlay works for what we are trying to do when it comes to search
>> and modifying attributes on an entry, but I would like to create an
>> entire local groupofnames, consisting of remote UIDs.
>
> That is not supported.

Would it be found anywhere on the roadmap?

Thanks again,
Eugene